The general management of physical facilities shall be charged to the superintendent as the board's executive officer. Principals have delegated authority for the custodianship of facilities assigned to their respective administration and are accountable to the superintendent for the same.
Principals' Responsibilities for School Facilities:
The principal of a school is held responsible for the entire school plant and all equipment, furniture, books, and supplies within his school plant, as well as the site and playground equipment. He may delegate certain responsibilities to his staff members who are held responsible to the principal. All damages or loss of facilities or misuse of the same by pupils or the public should be reported immediately to the principal, who in turn will report such items of major concern to the superintendent.
Alterations and Repairs to Buildings:
No major alterations, additions or repairs shall be made by anyone to any school building, unless a requisition covering the same has been presented to the superintendent and his recommendations approved by the board of education. The board should be notified of any major damage.
• A work order form is to be used for maintenance service requests.
• All requests for maintenance services are to be made by the principal to the director of business and support services.
• Requests made directly to maintenance personnel will not be honored.
• The principal should retain the #5 white copy of the work order for his record of work requested.
• When the request has been approved, the director of business and support services will sign the work order and return the #4 yellow copy to the principal.
• When the work has been completed, the principal will sign the yellow copy and return it to the director of business and support services.