Principal: Jade Shepherd
Secretary: Jenny Henderson
NORTH SEVIER HIGH SCHOOL LEA SPECIFIC LICENSES
- The following designations or levels apply to educator licenses, license areas (i.e.-elementary, secondary, special education), and content endorsements (i.e.-mathematics, music, Spanish, social studies):
- Professional: The educator has completed an educator preparation program that includes content and pedagogical knowledge. This program may have been completed at a university or in an alternate pathway that was supported by school districts/charters and the Utah State Board of Education.
- Associate: The educator is currently completing an educator preparation program, but has not yet completed all requirements for a Professional Educator License, license area, or endorsement. The educator is enrolled in a university-based or Local Education Agency (LEA)-based program. When the educator completes the program, they will have a professional level.
- LEA-Specific: The educator has not completed an educator preparation and is not currently enrolled in one
- As of 11-01-2023, this school employs educators with the following types of licensure:
- Professional License - 78%
- Associate License - 9%
- LEA-specific License - 13%
- Not USBE Qualified - 0%
- Individual educator credentials are public information and may be found here: https://cactus.schools.utah.gov/PersonSearch
North Sevier High School is located on the northwest portion of Salina, Utah. The campus covers approximately 30 acres.
The building was constructed in 1982 and since that time additions to the campus have been numerous.
Most of the outside athletic facilities have been constructed and remodeled through cooperative efforts with the school, district, and community. Most recently, we upgraded and added a new press box and concession/restroom facility to the stadium complex. In the past three to four years, a wrestling room and auxiliary gym have been added to our building as well. Technology labs have been built and remodeled several times since the mid 80’s. Presently, the Family and Consumer Science department is being remodeled and major road construction is occurring on the streets in front of the school.
The enrollment at North Sevier High is on a steady decline for the next few years, after which, we expect to see a slight increase until we are back around three hundred students for grades 9-12. Our teacher to student ratio is 1:25. Close to half of our staff have advanced degrees.
In the 2006-2007 school year, North Sevier High School students scored higher on the Iowa test than ever before. The band has been #1 in the state for the past several years and we were in the top three of 2A schools in the state for the “ALL Sports” award in 2006-2007 as well. We offer great co-curricular organizations, FFA, FBLA, and FCCLA too.