|School Web Site: http://www.richfieldhigh.org/|
Principal: Nathan Blackner
RICHFIELD HIGH SCHOOL LEA SPECIFIC LICENSES
Address: 495 W. Center, Richfield
Phone: (435) 896-8247/896-8249
School Colors: blue and red
Monday – Thursday 7:30AM – 3:30PM
Friday 7:30AM - 1:40PM
Coaches may or may not be available depending on game schedules.
ABOUT Richfield High School
Richfield High School is located in the center of Richfield, Utah, five blocks west of Main Street. Our high school offers students the opportunity to learn in a warm, inviting environment dedicated to a progressive education. The school's mission, in partnership with students and community, is to enable students to identify and reach goals by preparing them to become caring, skilled, productive, and adaptable citizens. We are recognized as the flagship school in Sevier County, offering many advanced placement courses, extra-curricular activities, and vocational opportunities in partnership with Snow College/Richfield.
The mission of Richfield High School, in partnership with community and students, is to prepare students to become caring, skilled, productive, and adaptable citizens.
1. Enrollment for 10th, 11th, and 12th students is under 500.
2. The campus includes 4 buildings, 2 gymnasiums, performing arts areas, tennis courts, wood and metal shops, and ample parking.
3. School is in session 180 days each year on a district 10-month calendar. Our school day begins at 7:55AM and ends at 2:55PM.
4. Our student/teacher ratio for core classes is 1:27.
5. Teachers are certified in their respective disciplines. 70 % hold advanced degrees. We have a superb custodial staff.
6. Teachers and administrators are evaluated regularly and are goal-oriented.
7. The school implements concepts of the Semester/Quarter grading system.
8. An excellent resource program is available to students requiring special needs.
9. Collaboration and consultation is a statistical success across disciplines.
10. Our teachers strive to recognize the varied learning styles of all students.
11. All students are academically counseled by certified counselors.
12. Students enjoy a rich curriculum and participate in a variety of extra-curricular activities. School clubs are open to all students. Sports competition adheres to the Utah High Schools Activities Association guidelines and Region 12/2A.
An active PTSA, Community Council, Booster Club, and business partnerships support our school mission, focus, and share in our collective successes.
1. Bus service and an excellent school lunch program are provided.
2. Consensus-driven decision making governs our school.
3. RHS has a school-wide "Code of Ethics" governing student behavior.
4. We are recognized as a school of academic excellence. Students who enjoy the many advanced placement courses, fine arts, vocational, and extra-curricular activities succeed academically and foster positive social skills.
We are recognized as one of Utah's exemplary Centennial Schools.
1. Education leads to a quality life.
2. Education provides the opportunities for students to become life-long learners and productive citizens.
3. Our school must intentionally provide students the opportunities to systematically develop the full spectrum of cognitive-level thinking skills.
4. Learning should be process-centered and should enhance each student's ability to
solve problems, make decisions, take responsibility, and work in groups.
5. All knowledge is interrelated and should be taught that way.
6. Opportunities to participate in provided activities must be open according to student interest, aptitude, and citizenship.
7. Positive self-esteem contributes to quality of life.
8. Students will be self-directed, disciplined learners.
9. It is a mutual responsibility to treat each other with dignity and respect.