PAHVANT ELEMENTARY LEA SPECIFIC LICENSES
- The following designations or levels apply to educator licenses, license areas (i.e.-elementary, secondary, special education), and content endorsements (i.e.-mathematics, music, Spanish, social studies):
- Professional: The educator has completed an educator preparation program that includes content and pedagogical knowledge. This program may have been completed at a university or in an alternate pathway that was supported by school districts/charters and the Utah State Board of Education.
- Associate: The educator is currently completing an educator preparation program, but has not yet completed all requirements for a Professional Educator License, license area, or endorsement. The educator is enrolled in a university-based or Local Education Agency (LEA)-based program. When the educator completes the program, they will have a professional level.
- LEA-Specific: The educator has not completed an educator preparation and is not currently enrolled in one
- As of 04-05-2021, this school employs educators with the following types of licensure:
- Professional License - 100%
- Associate License - 0%
- LEA-specific License - 0%
- Not USBE Qualified - 0%
- Individual educator credentials are public information and may be found here: https://cactus.schools.utah.gov/PersonSearch
520 North 300 West, Richfield, UT
Phone: (435) 896-4403
Fax: (435) 896-9479
Mascot: Jr. Wildcats
School Colors: blue and red
Pahvant Elementary was originally constructed in 1958 as a K- 6 school. In the early 1990s, Ashman and Pahvant Elementary school students were combined, with Ashman becoming a K-3 school and Pahvant serving students in grades 4 and 5. In 2006, a major renovation and addition were completed and Pahvant currently serves students in grades 3, 4, and 5 with an enrollment of 475 students. Teacher to student ratios average 1:24 in grade 3 and 1:27.5 in grades 4 and 5. 66% of the faculty have a master’s degree or higher. There is a strong focus at the school of educating the “whole child”. Pahvant Elementary has been recognized as a Gold Medal School for 7 years achieving Platinum Plus status with a daily physical education program for all students. The Arts are also an integral part of the curriculum with the school benefiting from a full-time art specialist made possible by The Beverly Taylor Sorensen Arts funding.
Aim to be a better me.
WE ENSURE ALL STUDENTS LEARN BY HAVING:
HIGH EXPECTATIONS FOR STUDENT SUCCESS, CHALLENGING LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS, AND QUALITY INSTRUCTION THAT FOCUSES ON INDIVIDUAL LEARNING LEVELS
SUCCESS IS OUR ONLY OPTION!