SALINA ELEMENTARY LEA SPECIFIC LICENSES
- The following designations or levels apply to educator licenses, license areas (i.e.-elementary, secondary, special education), and content endorsements (i.e.-mathematics, music, Spanish, social studies):
- Professional: The educator has completed an educator preparation program that includes content and pedagogical knowledge. This program may have been completed at a university or in an alternate pathway that was supported by school districts/charters and the Utah State Board of Education.
- Associate: The educator is currently completing an educator preparation program, but has not yet completed all requirements for a Professional Educator License, license area, or endorsement. The educator is enrolled in a university-based or Local Education Agency (LEA)-based program. When the educator completes the program, they will have a professional level.
- LEA-Specific: The educator has not completed an educator preparation and is not currently enrolled in one
- As of 04-05-2021, this school employs educators with the following types of licensure:
- Professional License - 100%
- Associate License - 0%
- LEA-specific License - 0%
- Not USBE Qualified - 0%
- Individual educator credentials are public information and may be found here: https://cactus.schools.utah.gov/PersonSearch
Address: 210 West 300 North, Salina, UT
Phone: (435) 529-7462
Fax: (435) 529-7463
School Colors: Cardinal Red and Navy Blue
SES Teacher Availability
Monday-Thursday 7:45-8:00AM, 3:00-3:30PM
Friday 7:45-8:00 AM, 1:10-1:30PM.
Please contact the office to set up an appointment and please notify the office of any changes or cancellations.
Salina Elementary was built in 1960 with a major gym and office addition in 2001. 57% of our teachers have a master’s degree or higher. 100% are degreed for their teaching assignment.
• Third grade students scored at or above 90% on the Language Arts section of the Utah State End-of-Level Test.
• For the past 4 years, over 90% of our students are reading at grade level by 3rd grade!
• In a 2006 study on education in the state of Utah, Salina Elementary School was ranked number 4 in over all Reading/Language Arts among Utah elementary schools.
• 100%-- Every teacher, every subject, entire school made AYP (Adequate Yearly Progress).
• For 2005,K-3 End-of-Level scores average 94% in Language Arts.
• In 2006, over 90% of the entire school population is reading at grade level!
• Student motivation and confidence levels are higher.
• Our students are better prepared to take on the world!
• Salina Elementary was asked to be on the cover of one of Utah’s most prestigious education magazines, The Special Educator. We were the feature article that month as well.