Community Council Minutes
Members in Attendance: Mike Larsen, Trish Larson, Rachelle Crane, Ashley Robins, Wesley Blake, Karren Allen, Chad Johnson, Mark F. Stewart.
Members not in attendance: Keira Huntsman, Tori Ott, and Jeri Busk.
- Minutes from the last meeting and this meeting can be found on the Pahvant school website. Minutes were reviewed and approved.
- Reviewed proposed Trust Lands Plan for 2019-20 Field trips tied to Science goals
- Review proposed Trust Lands Budget
- Added Apple TV or HDMI for all classrooms. District is providing new computers for teachers (5-yr rotation with schools in district)
- PTA donated $1700 to field trips and Bee’s Game
- RISE Assessment FAQs It is a multi-stage adaptive test
- Roster signatures were sent through email from the State
- “Watch Dogs” Program discussed
- Parent-male figure-volunteer program in classroom, on playground, etc.
- Is there a need for more dads? Gooseberry must have dads for the overnight portion to continue
- Have several Dad volunteers, including Mr. Taylor and Mr. Bean, who are in our school almost daily working with students on multiplication facts and science projects
- Several Dads attended the State Capitol Field Trip
- Parents/Dada know when needed at school
- Middle school and high school students- 20 or so volunteers help on their days off
- High School Seniors-currently have 5 students
- Cost of field trips--limits on the number of students & busing costs
- Thanksgiving Point-will only take certain numbers in each group
- Gooseberry-anyone can volunteer-with background check to stay overnight
- Capitol Reef-plenty of space, but not as tightly aligned to the core curriculum
- SUU-limited numbers because of space and bussing costs
- Bee’s Game-admission paid for through PTA, bussing is about $1,700 all 5th graders in State are invited, need chaperones who know the students, 1:8-need about 24 parents this year
- Fair way to get chaperones discussion-conclusion, no real
answer; possibly have a letter at the beginning of each year
- Draft budget and plan approved with inclusion of Apple TV or HDMI for
- State will send information-training, signatures, etc. through email
- Next Year
- All members will continue on the Community Council with the exception of Keira Huntsman and Jeri Busk who have completed two years
- Next meeting will be scheduled in the fall