North Sevier Middle School
School Land Trust Plan Detail 2021-22
Submitted By: Rod Hinck
Submit Date: 2021-05-05
Admin Reviewer: Elisse
Admin Review Date: 2021-06-14
LEA Reviewer: Krista Nielson
LEA Approval Date: 2021-06-14
State Goal: Students will increase proficiency and/or growth scores on the Spring 2022 RISE test by 5% for all students with an emphasis on Tier 2 & Tier 3 students.
- English/Language Arts
Measurements: Specific Measurement: RISE Assessment Because of COVID-19, the RISE state assessment was not administered in 2020. Because of this, there is
no data to report. Based on the previous years testing, the council determined to continue with this goal as it is scheduled to be administered in 2021.
1) Hire staff to keep current class schedule to maintain intervention classes.
2) Hire instructional assistants to assist tier 2 & 3 students in the classroom and for
3) Keep library open after school for students to have learning resources including WIFI.
4) Purchase software programs to assist in the learning process in classrooms.
5) Invest in staff professional development to increase ability to assist all learners.
6) Increased Media Center offering by purchasing more & correct reading selections
7) Provide student motivators to encourage hard work ($2 per student maximum)
8) Provide technology in the classroom for classroom projects.
9) Purchase classroom supplies to assist in the CORE classrooms
Salaries and Benefits (teachers, aides, specialists, productivity, substitutes)
Staff Salary to keep current class schedule (Salaries and Benefits/Action Step #1) ~$17,000 Intervention Aide-combine w/current SPED aide (Salaries and
Benefits/Action Step #2) ~$4,200 Full Time Aide-Special Ed & Intervention (Salaries and Benefits/Action Step #2) ~$12,000 Library after school (Salaries and
Benefits/Action Step #3) ~$1000 Staff Professional Development (Salaries and Benefits/Action Step 5) ~$3200 PLC Conference - Las Vegas Summer 2022 (Salaries and
Benefits/Action Step #5) ~$5,000 (~$17,000 TOTAL for PLC Conference)
Books, Ebooks, online curriculum/subscriptions
IXL for English Language Arts (Books and Technology/Action Step #4) ~$2500 Mastery Connect – all subjects (Books and Technology/Action Step #4) ~$2400
Digital Citizenship/Safety Principles Component: No
Summary of Estimated Expenditures
Salaries and Benefits (teachers, aides, specialists, productivity, substitutes) $42,400
Books, Ebooks, online curriculum/subscriptions $4,900
Carry-over from 2019-2020 -$1,1012.38
Distribution for 2020-2021 $37,545
Total Available Funds for 2020-2021 $35,532.62
Estimated Funds to be Spent in 2020-2021 $25,547
Estimated Carry-over from 2020-2021 $10,985.62
Estimated Distribution for 2021-2022 $39,440
Total Available Funds for 2021-2022 $50,425.62
Summary of Estimated Expenditures for 2021-2022 $47,300
Estimated Carry-over to 2022-2023 $3,125.62
There are times when the planned expenditures in the goals of a plan are provided by the LEA, a grant, or another unanticipated funding source leaving additional funds to implement the goals. If additional funds are available, how will the council spend the funds to implement the goals in this plan?
Any extra funds that are obtained through increased carry-over or alternate funding sources will be used for the following items: PLC Conference - Las Vegas Summer 2022 (Salaries and Benefits/Action Step #5) ~$17,000 Purchase new & current reading books for our media center (Books/Action Step 1) (may vary) Student Incentives for good work/achievement (Supplies/Action Step #7) (not exceed $2 per student) Printers for classroom instruction/projects (Books & Technology/Action Step #8) ~$2,000 Printer cartridges for classroom instruction/projects (Books & Technology/Action Step #8) ~$2,000 SCOPE Magazine for ELA classrooms (Books & Technology/Action Step #9) ~$500 Typing program for Language Arts curriculum (Books & Technology/Action Step #4) ~$400
- Letters to policy makers and/or administrators of trust lands and trust funds.
- School newsletter
- Sticker and stamps that identify purchases made with School LAND Trust funds.