At the beginning of the 2022-23 parents and students are invited and encouraged to attend the Back-to-School night conference with the individual teacher.
- Date: August 16th and 17th Teachers discussed with the parents and students Ashman Elementary’s Title I plan.
- Parents were informed of the school’s participation in Title I
- At risk students are identified through assessment and progress monitoring. Targeted interventions are provided to students to help close the achievement gap.
- Acadience Reading is administered three times a year to gather data and make appropriate next step adjustments.
- Really Great Reading phonics program is used to support reading curriculum.
- Progress monitoring weekly, bi-weekly and monthly according to achievement levels.
- Parents were informed of Title I.
- Passed in 1965 under the elementary and secondary education act (ESEA). These supplemental funds provide student the opportunity to receive a fair, equitable and high-quality education, and help close educational achievement gaps.
- Parents were asked to be involved in Title I through participation in Community Council/PTO.
- Include parents in the decision-making process.
The 2022-23 school year, our current student enrollment is approximately 510 students. Educators with the following types of licenses:
- Professional License - 100%
- Masters Degree- 48%
- Non-Tenured – 32%
100% of our Title I budget goes to fund 10 of 14 instructional assistants.