Secretary Paula Chynoweth
Address: 210 West 300 North, Salina, UT
Phone: (435) 529-7462
Fax: (435) 529-7463
Mascot: “XL” the Mighty Superstar
School Colors: maroon and navy blue
SES Teacher Availability
Monday-Thursday 7:45-8:00AM, 3:00-3:45PM
Friday 7:45-8:00 AM, 1:10-1:30PM.
Please contact the office to set up an appointment and please notify the office of any changes or cancelations.
Salina Elementary was built in 1960 with a major gym and office addition in 2001. We have about 500 students enrolled and are growing slowly for the first time since 2001. 91% of our teachers have a master’s degree or higher. 100% are degreed for their teaching assignment.
• Third grade students scored at or above 90% on the Language Arts section of the Utah State End-of-Level Test.
• For the past 4 years, over 90% of our students are reading at grade level by 3rd grade!
• In a 2006 study on education in the state of Utah, Salina Elementary School was ranked number 4 in over all Reading/Language Arts among Utah elementary schools.
• 100%-- Every teacher, every subject, entire school made AYP (Adequate Yearly Progress).
• For 2005,K-3 End-of-Level scores average 94% in Language Arts.
• In 2006, over 90% of the entire school population is reading at grade level!
• Student motivation and confidence levels are higher.
• Our students are better prepared to take on the world!
• Salina Elementary was asked to be on the cover of one of Utah’s most prestigious education magazines, The Special Educator. We were the feature article that month as well.