PAID HOLIDAYS 2040
1. All year round classified employees* will be paid the following holidays:
The Day before Christmas Day
New Year’s Day
Martin Luther King Day
2. For all full-time (8 hours per day, working a year-round contract), custodial,
maintenance, technology, or other designated employees hired prior to July 1,
2010, will receive one additional floating holiday that can be taken during the year
upon being arranged for with their supervisor or principal.
3. *Year-round employee is defined as:
3.1 A classified contracted employee working a contract of 247, 251, or
256 contract days per year, and
3.2 Each working day is for six (6) hours or more, and
3.3 The length of each of the 247, 251, or 256 contract days must be
for contracted time, not in a substitute or temporary assignment
4. All current contracted employees, who are presently being paid the above
listed holidays and do not meet the new hours per day criteria, will be
“Grandfathered In” and will continue to be paid for holidays as per the policy.
5. Effective date of contract hour change from 4 to 6 is July 1, 2013.