North Sevier Middle School - Trust Land Report 2019-20
October 8, 2020
Each year, schools around Utah receive monies from the Utah State School Land Trust. These monies are used to improve our abilities to educated students and are controlled by our own NSMS School Community Council. In compliance with the law, this summary of how the money was spent & school testing results is being provided to you.
* Trust land money was used for salaries allowing us to offer four extra periods during the day allowing extra intervention offerings. NSMS was also able to provide after school library access, and pay an afternoon intervention aide to help students who are struggling with assignments ($17,688).
* Trust land money was used in conjunction with the Sevier School District Technology Grant to purchase Chrome Books to replace those that are outdated at NSMS ($11,000).
* Trust land monies money was to purchase ‘Reading Counts’ online reading program for our library & the IXL online learning program for our English Language Arts classes. ($3,295).
* Trust land funds were used to purchase a new projector & cart for the cafetorium to be used in instruction, assemblies, and performances ($3858.67).
2019-20 Test Results:
Because of COVID-19, NSMS did not complete state testing during the school year 2019-20. We will continue this next year planning on taking the state test with goals as were outlined last year. We always strive for that upward trend in state test proficiency and growth. Please contact the school with any questions regarding testing.
Thank-you to all the parents, students, and staff of North Sevier Middle School for your hard work in helping continue to move these trends upward.
Rod Hinck - Principal
* A hard copy of this will be mailed home to all student's parents the week of October 26 with 1st term grades.